ISDCF Forum

A public forum to discuss ISDCF topics.

Get assistance with and learn more about the proper creation of Digital Cinema Packages (DCPs), Key Delivery Messages (KDMs) and other digital cinema content.

Moderator: jamiegau

Hi,
I have a library of Trailers and Ads, and I want to check them for compliance to audio levels..
Leq(m) 85 for trailers.
Leq(m) 82 for Trailers.
(According to standards organizations)

However, Leq(m) is a Dolby tool, and I expect proprietary as it is not easy to find apart from in Dolby tools..

I was wondering if anyone has come across any open source tools that can be used to calculate this value? (Ie I intent to write come code to go through them all and tell me the results etc)

Or if there is an equivalent level for Trailers/Ads using a STANDARDS based loudness measurement?

Thanks,
James
Note on this.
There is an open source project called
leqm-nrt (Google it), I have been working with the creator and have tested its ouptu to be accurate and in line with other commercail measurment tools..

However, not that the leq(m) implementation from dolby tends to give a slightly different result then non-dolby but certified tools. leqm-nrt is in line with them. And as those tools are what most finishing rooms use now.. its the best target measurment going forward in my opinion. (Dolby has depricated there tools in this area anyway. No longer developed/supported fro my understanding)

James