ISDCF Forum

A public forum to discuss ISDCF topics.

General questions, industry news, updates and more. If you're not sure where to post or have some feedback about the forum, then this is a great place to start.

Moderator: jamiegau

By japierce
The following changes have been made to the http://digitalcinemanamingconvention.com website:

- Appendix 1A – add “XX” – “NO SPOKEN LANGUAGE”
- Appendix 1B – add “NO SPOKEN LANGUAGE” – “XX”
- Appendix 4 – change the following language:
20 = 2.0 (LtRt Stereo)
to
20 = 2.0 (Stereo) Note: Only discrete audio should be used in a DCP; matrixed audio, such as Lt/Rt, should not be used.
- Examples page – add the following language:
Bubbles_SHR-1_F_XX-XX_US-GB_51_2K_DI_20130515_DLA_INT_OV
(“Bubbles” Short Version 1, Flat, No spoken language with no subtitles, 5.1 Audio, 2K, Disney, Packaged on May 15, 2013 at Deluxe LA, Interop format, Original Version file)

Plus a bazillion new DCP facilities

Thanks to Chris Witham and the folks at Disney for updating and maintaining the information.
By Mizue YAMADA
Can I ask a question about the naming convention here? (Please tell me if I'm wrong.)

At Appendix 8,should I match the number of "FTR-#" and "VF-#" ?
I think the number of "FTR-#" is increased when OV-DCP is revised , and one of "VF-#" is increased when VF-DCP (that has the same number of "FTR-#" as OV-DCP) is revised.
Is it wrong?
Thank you for your reading my poor English.
By sperling
Mizue YAMADA wrote:Can I ask a question about the naming convention here? (Please tell me if I'm wrong.)

At Appendix 8,should I match the number of "FTR-#" and "VF-#" ?
I think the number of "FTR-#" is increased when OV-DCP is revised , and one of "VF-#" is increased when VF-DCP (that has the same number of "FTR-#" as OV-DCP) is revised.
Is it wrong?
Thank you for your reading my poor English.
The FTR-# OV and the FTR-# VF should match.

Example:
MyMovie_FTR-6_F_EN-XX_US-13_51_2K_UP_20141020_DLA_IOP_OV
MyMovie_FTR-6_F_EN-LAS_US-13_51_2K_UP_20141031_DLA_IOP_VF

The LAS subtitles are contained in the VF DCP. This VF DCP relies upon the OV DCP for picture and sound.
By Martin Sippel
I think he means the relation between the OV and VF Version. They should match.

MyMovie_FTR-6_F_EN-XX_US-13_51_2K_UP_20141020_DLA_IOP_OV
MyMovie_FTR-6_F_EN-LAS_US-13_51_2K_UP_20141031_DLA_IOP_VF-6

If you have a revised version of the OV and give it the next number, it is better to create the VF again (although nothing changed there) and give it the same number too. Then there is no confusion which VF belongs to which OV.
By Mizue YAMADA
Dear sperling , Martin,

Thank you for your reply!
Yes, I meant the relation between the OV and VF Version.I think there is no confusion if OV and VF have the same number after "FTR-". And It occurred that only VF are revised.

1.making the OV
MyMovie_FTR-1_F_EN-XX_US-13_51_2K_UP_20141020_DLA_IOP_OV

2.making the VF upon the 1st OV
MyMovie_FTR-1_F_EN-XX_US-13_51_2K_UP_20141020_DLA_IOP_VF-1

3.revising the 1st OV (FTR-2)
MyMovie_FTR-2_F_EN-XX_US-13_51_2K_UP_20141020_DLA_IOP_OV

4.making the VF upon the 2nd OV (FTR-2)
MyMovie_FTR-2_F_EN-LAS_US-13_51_2K_UP_20141020_DLA_IOP_VF-1

5.revising the VF-1 upon the 2nd OV (FTR-2)
MyMovie_FTR-2_F_EN-LAS_US-13_51_2K_UP_20141020_DLA_IOP_VF-2

Thus way,I can recognize the VF version .
By Mizue YAMADA
I'm sorry for my sequential posting.

I want to know about FTR-# again,but another point.
Whole world, how do everyone name the number if they make the other version or if they make the revise.

e.x)
1st ;
MovieTitle_FTR-1_EN-XX_US_......_20150520_IOP_OV

2nd : we make the other version for the other territory;
MovieTitle_FTR-2_EN-JA_JP_......_20150520_IOP_OV

3rd : After, we must revise FTR-1 about a part of picture track for the same territory;
Which is general "FTR-1_EN-XX_US_..._20150601_IOP_OV" or "FTR-3_EN-XX_US_..._20150601_IOP_OV" ?

This is a difficult problem for me because it's often to revise picture track or sound track for the same territory.
And I'm afraid if I have a mistake about 2nd "FTR-2_EN-JA_...". ( Actually ,is "FTR-1_EN-JA_... " correct?)
I'm so glad to know your opinion.
By Martin Sippel
I handle it that way.
The first DCP gets #1 like yours
MovieTitle_FTR-1_EN-XX_US_......_20150520_IOP_OV
For additional subtiles or audio tracks, a supplemental DCP is created, but still keeps #1
MovieTitle_FTR-1_EN-JA_JP_......_20150520_IOP_VF-1
MovieTitle_FTR-1_JA-XX_JP_......_20150520_IOP_VF-1

If now there is a major change in the picture and the DCP has to be revised the first one would be #2
MovieTitle_FTR-2_EN-XX_US_......_20150601_IOP_OV
and the addtional ones too
MovieTitle_FTR-2_EN-JA_JP_......_20150601_IOP_VF-2
MovieTitle_FTR-2_JA-XX_JP_......_20150601_IOP_VF-2

But as I said...that's just my way i handle it.
By Ancient Man
Hello, everybody!

All people like watching films and later on they are interested in getting information on the actors and movies they liked! But what source of information should be chosen? We will help you to decide!
Visit our new websites http://cinemafinder.net, http://cinemanewsclub.com and http://cinema-friends.net and be in the know of the latest cinematograph events every day!